Wednesday, September 26, 2012

2012: Bonus Review: The Campaign

The Campaign

Genre:  Comedy

Main Players: Will Ferrell, Zach Galifianakis, Jason Sudeikis, Dylan McDermott

General Gist: An unlikely candidate runs for congress against the long reigning congressman for a district in North Carolina with the encouragement of two big time CEO's with an ulterior motive.

Tiff's Take:
I had the pleasure of seeing this with my lovely husband and brother-in-law.  I knew if there was any movie my husband would be happy to see it would be this one.  He's a huge Will Ferrell fan through and through.  That being said, there was no way I was going to go to this movie without him.  Boy was it worth it.   

This movie is classic Will Ferrell.  I mean classic.  It reminded me of some of his earlier movies.  It was crude, vulgar, hilarious and inappropriate.  And adding Zach Galifianakis to the mix only made it that much sweeter.  It doesn't really matter so much about the plot or anything like that because you really only go to this kind of movie for the humor.  With Will and Zach that's all you get.  And props to Dylan McDermott and Jason Sudeikis for holding their own with these two comedian power houses. 

I'm so glad I went with Russ to this because he made it funnier for me.  I like Will Ferrell and I like comedies but I'm not sure I would choose them over a love story or good drama.  If I had gone with anyone else I might not have thought it was so funny.  Russ thought it was hilarious which made it easy for me to enjoy it that much more.  There were times when Russ was laughing so hard that he was crying and couldn't breathe.  He would miss a whole scene because the first part was so funny that he couldn't recover in time.  My brother-in-law seemed to enjoy it just as much too.  Actually, he enjoyed it enough to go the next night with my father-in-law.  (Does this paint a tiny picture of what I married into?)  

Most people either like Will Ferrell's sense of humor or they don't.  Not a lot of in between.  If you don't then by all means skip this one.  It would probably only offend you.  If you like his humor then go.  You'll laugh.  A lot.  But choose your company wisely.
     
Tiff's Rate: Friday Night

No comments:

Post a Comment