Friday, August 8, 2014

2014: Bonus: Planes: Fire & Rescue

Planes: Fire & Rescue

Genre: Animation

Main Players: Voices of Dane Cook, Ed Harris, Julie Bowen

General Gist: The second Planes movie where Dusty trains to be a firefighter after getting injured and isn't able to race anymore.

Tiff's Take: 
I didn't see the first Planes so I was going into this one sort of blind and I can't really compare it to the first one.  I went with some kids that were pretty darn excited to see it though.  

From the kids' perspective, this was a hit for the 4 year old boy who is a Planes die hard fan.  It was an entertaining one for the 9 year old boy who was once a Cars die hard fan.  It was a little long for the 6 year old girl who has never been a big fan of either Cars or Planes. 

From my perspective, it was entertaining with fun parts throughout but a little on the long side.  It was also surprisingly serious for a cartoon.  There were a few heavy subjects that might be a little much for sensitive, younger kids.  The original Cars is still probably my favorite.

Tiff's Rate: Matinee

No comments:

Post a Comment