Tuesday, June 19, 2012

2012: Week 24: Brave

Brave

Genre: Animation, Action, Adventure

Main Players: Voices of Kelly Macdonald, Billy Connolly, Emma Thompson

General Gist:  A princess chooses the spell of a witch in order to change her fate.  She must then undo the damage to bring peace back to her Kingdom

Deb's Take:
Another free screening.  We were able to take our boys along for this one.  My son reported  "Good comedy and action"  (he's 11 for reference.)  I have to agree with him.  Although the story line of this movie is pretty much the same as many Disney movies,  I think I enjoyed this one most because I am intrigued with Scotland (I am currently reading the "Outlander" series) and also love the castles, knights, kings, queens etc.  This movie was funny, as kids' movies tend to be, and had a lot of action.  The animation was captivating. At times I forgot I was watching a cartoon.  I would definitely recommend this for your kids.  I do wonder if maybe it's more for a slightly older child. (7 and up) vs the real young ones, a few scary parts and possibly a little long..but my kids are older now so hard for me to tell.

Deb's Rate:  Friday Night

Tiff's Take:
This movie was mainly for the kids' sake but I genuinely thought it looked good from the previews.  We went to a free screening (yay!) and had some good mother son bonding time.  From an adult's perspective I would say this was a pretty good one to have to sit through with your kids.  Also, I was a little surprised that it had a twist in the story line that was a little unexpected for me.  So, at least for me, it wasn't quite as predictable as most Disney movies.  I thought the characters were fun and I really enjoyed it.

From my son's perspective it was a hit as well.  My son's younger than Deb's (he's 7) so it sometimes takes more to keep him interested but this one kept his attention the whole time.  He was also laughing through it so that's always a good sign.  On top of it all he was dogged tired from his day and he still managed to enjoy it with no complaining.  I say it was a success.  I do agree with Deb though, if you're child is much younger than my son you might reconsider taking them.  I think there would have been parts that would have spooked my 4 year old.
      
Tiff's Rate: Friday Night

Preview:  Montana bound for Deb...We may have to do separate movies this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment