Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Bonus Review: The Odd Life of Timothy Green

The Odd Life of Timothy Green


Genre: Drama

Main Players: Jennifer Garner, Joel Edgerton, CJ Adams

General Gist: A young boy appears as an answer to a couple's prayer for a child.

Deb's Take: I actually went to this movie several months ago with my two oldest kids.  It was a pre-editing screening.  The whole experience was pretty cool for my kids.  My son was super excited that he was watching a movie that hadn’t even come out yet, and taking a survey at the end with our opinions made him feel special.


As far as the movie itself,  I felt like the previews really played it up and it was a little bit of a let down.    I was looking for something that would really touch my heart.  Don’t get me wrong, the movie is touching, just not deep in your soul touching.  I felt like all the characters had good chemistry.  There were some funny parts, but it was a little slow at times.  My kids both rated it highly in there surveys though, and I think it was a good family movie.  I think younger kids may get a little bored,  but  11 and up seemed to work.  I have to say from a mom’s perspective, it was a fun night with my kids, but the movie wasn’t what made it memorable.

Deb's Rate: Rent it

No comments:

Post a Comment