Thursday, February 14, 2013

2013: Bonus: Hansel & Gretel:Witch Hunters

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters

Genre: Action, Fantasy, Horror

Main Players: Jeremy Renner, Gemma Arterton, Famke Janssen

General Gist:  Spin on the fairy tale of Hansel and Gretel

Deb's Take: 
This was definitely a spin off of the story of Hansel and Gretel.  Nothing like a fairy tale.  I went to this with the hubby, we were a little skeptical, and my husband was even more shocked that I suggested this movie.  Last year I really enjoyed the fairy tale spin off movies.  (see my best and worst for 2012), figured this may fall into those same categories.

This one was a little different.  Lots of gore, (which in 3D is very interesting) a Sci-fi sort of twist (which isn't my favorite) but I was sort of pleasantly surprised.  The acting was pretty good.  I wasn't really familiar with the 3 main players, but they all were great in their parts, (and for all you men...who doesn't love a girl in leather?) I was most impressed with Famke Janssen, she did evil well!  I liked how the story was actually a story and not just a gory witch hunt.  There were some funny parts and some suspenseful parts, and lots of gore, but all in all I was unexpectedly surprised that I liked it.  I can't give it a top notch rating, because by no means did the movie move me in anyway, but I enjoyed my date!

Deb's Rate: Matinee

No comments:

Post a Comment