Wednesday, March 19, 2014

2014: Bonus: Mr. Peabody & Sherman

Mr. Peabody & Sherman

Genre: Animation

Main Players: Voices of Ty Burrell, Max Charles, Ariel Winter

General Gist: Time travel at it's best with an genius dog and his adopted human son.

Tiff's Take:
I really didn't know much going into this movie.  I knew my son (9) wanted to see it but that's it.  Actually the one or two previews I saw didn't make it seem very interesting.  I wasn't expecting to like it all that much.  I was pleasantly surprised.

It's basically about this genius dog who has accomplished all this great stuff in life then decides to adopt a human son.  He takes that son on time traveling journeys to teach him about history.  Let me tell you, this movie was right up my son's alley.  It was perfect for him.  And it was really interesting for adults too.  It didn't have a lot of action and it didn't have a lot of kids humor but it really worked. At least for me and my son.

To give you another perspective...my daughter (almost 6) did seem to enjoy it but I think I've mentioned before that she enjoys the process of going to movies more than anything.  Afterwards she said it was a little boring but good.  She doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings after all.  So I can definitely see how this movie wouldn't be a great fit for all kids especially younger ones.  But for me and my boy it was a hit.

Tiff's Rate: Friday Night

Preview: 12 Years a Slave review up next.

No comments:

Post a Comment