Monday, October 24, 2011

Week 43: The Three Musketeers

Well, I happened to see Tiff's review for this movie before I started typing mine. We actually didn't say much to eachother about the movie when it was over...really we usually don't, but I have to say...I agree with her 100%. This movie was actually quite horrible. I didn't recognize any of the actors in the movie, and it wasn't until the end credits were run that I realized Orlando Bloom was actually one of them.

Individually I think some of these actors could be great in the right movie. This movie just wasn't it. The story is the same as every other Three Musketeers movie. There men, joined by a 4th younger Musketeer, try to save the day...I think the place where this movie went wrong was that it was set in the 17th century, but was played as if it was 2011. Flying ships in the 17th century..so wrong!

I like the 17th century movies...I am actually craving one..I hope one comes out soon. This movie just didn't do it for me.

As far as the actors go...I liked the character names better..Athos, Aramis, Porthos, D'Artagnan...cool names! I won't even mention the actors names, because as Tiff said, they are really quite forgettable. Let's wait until they come out in something more memorable.

Maybe we will hit the spot next week. We are de for something we both love.

See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment