Thursday, March 15, 2012

Bonus Review: Dr. Seuss' The Lorax

Dr. Seuss' The Lorax

Genre: Animation, Family

General Gist:  A boy goes in search of a long forgotten tree in hopes of impressing the girl of his dreams.  In the process he finds out about this world that use to be and tries to bring it back. 

Main Players: Voices by Zac Efron, Taylor Swift, Danny DeVito, Betty White, Ed Helms

Tiff's Take:
Like Deb's bonus review of Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, this movie was an opportunity to spend some time with my son.  He's been talking about going to this movie and since my husband was out of town and my daughter was getting quality time with her grandparents we decided to go.

I was pleasantly surprised with this movie and pleasantly surprised at how well it kept the attention of my 7 year old.  This movie wasn't overly funny with constant kid humor to keep them glued to the screen.  For this very reason I was really surprised that my son didn't tap me on the arm halfway through the show asking if it was almost over.  In fact, I didn't sense any boredom out of him at all.  Now that's a good kids movie!

Not only did everyone seem to enjoy it but it also had a good message.  Basically it promotes a healthy environment and being good to the land and all the living creatures on it.  I think this movie could bring out the inner tree hugger in all of us.  It did me!

Preview:  Gone review up next.  And don't forget to enter our Giveaway!      

No comments:

Post a Comment