Monday, March 12, 2012

Bonus Review: Journey 2: The Mysterious Island

Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy

General Gist: A boy and his stepfather travel to a mysterious island in search of his long lost grandfather.

Main Players: Dwayne Johnson, Michael Caine, Josh Hutcherson, Vanessa Hudgens

Deb's Take:
So, my 11 year old son was feeling a little like the "middle child" over the last few weeks. He seemed a little down on school, was feeling sandwiched between his sisters and their attention and I decided sometimes a mom's just got to put priorities in line. So I picked him up from school at lunchtime and told him we were going to a movie. I let him get any snack he wanted, and he picked to go to he 3D version of this movie. So, based on the circumstances, me in the middle of the day, in the middle of the week, with my middle child, and all the snacks we could every desire, how could this movie even begin to disappoint ;) Well, it didn't. I didn't see the first movie, "Journey to the Center of the Earth", but my son did, and he was pretty excited about this one. The movie lacked a little development, for me as an adult, but I think it was perfect to keep the attention of my 11 year old. There were some super funny parts, (one quote got my son giggling like a little girl) and also some meaningful moments. The 3D version was pretty cool, although I don't know that it is necessary to get the full effect though. I really enjoyed the creativity of the storyline and the action as well. This movie would have been great for my younger daughter too..It's PG appropriate! The experience with my son was the best though!

Deb's Rate: Matinee..especially if you are seeing the 3D version, it will still cost you a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment