Wednesday, December 26, 2012

2012: Bonus Review: Wreck-It Ralph

Wreck-It Ralph

Genre: Animation

Main Players: Voices of John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman, Jack McBrayer, Jane Lynch

General Gist: Wreck-It Ralph is sick of being a bad guy in the video game world.  He leaves his game in search of a way to become a hero.

Tiff's Take: 
This was sort of a throw back to video games of my childhood.  I think that made this movie sort of a draw for the parents who had to watch it with their kids.  It really wasn't much of a draw for me but I was never really into video/arcade games much growing up I guess.          

As far as a kids movie from the perspective of the parents who have to watch them I'd say this one was really slow.  Both Russ and I thought so.  I felt like it dragged on forever.  I heard some good things about it so I was a little surprised I didn't like it better but I really didn't.  I sort of thought it would never end. 

From my kids perspective it rated slightly higher.  My 7 year old said he liked it but my 4 year old got pretty restless.  She's not much of a movie goer yet but this one was a little more difficult for her to sit through then most. This one's probably best as a renter in my opinion.

Tiff's Rate: Rent It

Preview: Another animated movie.  Rise of the Guardians.

No comments:

Post a Comment