Wednesday, December 26, 2012

2012: Week 49: Rise of the Guardians

Rise of the Guardians

Genre: Animation, Adventure

Main Players: Voices of Chris Pine, Alec Baldwin, Jude Law, Isla Fisher, Hugh Jackman

General Gist: The immortal guardians (Jack Frost, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, Sandman, and Santa) try to protect all the children against the evil spirit Pitch.

Tiff's Take:         
We decided to treat the kids to a movie for week 49.  My kids wanted to see this and it looked interesting to me so why not.  And I did enjoy it but I wouldn't say it was anything spectacular.  I've seen a lot better animated movies but I've also seen a lot worse. 

It was an interesting concept and I liked all the characters.  All the great voices helped too.  But I'll admit it hasn't left a lasting impression since I've seen it a few weeks ago.  My kids?  My 7 year old seemed to enjoy it and my 4 year old was only mildly distracted at times.  Pretty good for a kids movie I'd say.

Tiff's Rate: Matinee

Deb's Take: I like animated movies when they have a lot of humor for the adults, at least they are my favorite.  This movie didn't have a lot of "hidden" adult moments.  However, the story was a good concept, and I liked that they combined a group of guardians together that weren't just your traditional characters, (ie: Jack Frost and Tooth Fairy)  The movie kept the kids' interest (mine are 9 and 12) and I think the story was laid out well.  My kids both said they liked it "a lot" (vs a little).  It was good, clean, kid fun!

Deb's Rate: Matinee

Preview: A few reviews in the que.  Only a couple weeks behind.   Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment