Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Week 45: Tower Heist

Well, this week we went for the Hollywood pusher. I have seen more press on this movie in the last month than any other movie. Either they were nervous it wouldn't do as well as they thought, or they had extra money for advertising.

If you happen to be one of the few who haven't seen the previews, the movie is about a high class apartment tower manager who decides to rob the penthouse owner who invested all his workers money and then stole it. The main players of the movie are Allen Alda, Ben Stiller, Eddie Murphy, Matthew Brodrick and Casey Affleck.

This movie was funny. I have to say, I did laugh a lot. The premise seemed sort of cheesy, but they seemed to pull it off better than I thought they would. Luckily they didn't try to play the movie off as a "serious" action film, they went for the comedy end instead and I think that is what made it work.

Now when I say "work" what I am really saying is the movie is a typical Hollywood film, with action and comedy. It meets the basic criteria of that average film that meets the needs of all those none thinker movie types. Nothing big to figure out, no thinking involved, just sit and zone and watch. So basically, the movie was entertaining. However, it wasn't anything special. Would be a good renter.

See you next week. AND THEN!!!! TWILIGHT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment