Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Week 45: Tower Heist

Week 45.  I can't believe this year 'o movies is almost over.  I'm not sure I'm going to be able to go back to a "normal" moving watching schedule.  Maybe I won't. Ha. 

Anyway, so this past weekend we went and saw Tower Heist.  Like I mentioned last week, there hasn't been a whole lot of options in movies right now.  All the good ones must be coming out for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  This one probably isn't one I would pick if I had a handful to choose from.  I figured I would like it okay but wouldn't get overly thrilled about it either.

Turns out I was about right.  There were a group of funny characters played by Ben Stiller, Eddie Murphy, Casey Affleck, Matthew Broderick and Alan Alda.  Oh, and Tea Leoni as the token female.  Ben Stiller wasn't as funny as I've seen him and Eddie Murphy was just okay.  Although I'm not a huge fan of his anyway.  I've always liked Casey Affleck although this movie didn't do him any favors.  Surprisingly Matthew Broderick was probably the best one and he didn't even have a huge part. 

Basically this movie was about a bunch of people who get swindled out of their retirement money and try to get it back from the guy who did it by robbing him.  Okay concept and okay execution but it wasn't anything special.  Don't get me wrong.  There were parts that I laughed at but overall it wasn't anything I'd write home about.

It was funny and mildly entertaining but I don't think I would waste a trip to the movies on it.  Watching it at home would be sufficient with this one. 

To Sum it up: A little outlandish, quasi-funny and probably better as a rental.

No comments:

Post a Comment