Sunday, July 8, 2012

2012: Week 27: People Like Us

People Like Us

Genre: Drama,

Main Players: Chris Pine, Elizabeth Banks, Michael Hall D'Addaro, Michelle Pfeiffer
General Gist:  While settling his father's estate young man learns of a family secret and works to come to terms.
Deb's Take:   Tiff is on vacation so I am riding solo for the review this week.  Well, not exactly solo, my husband picked the movie this week so I went with him. 

The best way I can describe this movie is to say it is a different kind of love story.  You know I love a good love story.  While generally it’s the whole romance that captivates me, I have to say, just a good old story about emotions, love, and relationships hits the spot too.  This movie wasn’t  intense, or edge of your seat, it was just emotionally touching.  I feel like the actors were perfect in their roles.  Chris Pine did a great job, Elizabeth Banks never really disappoints and Michelle Pfeiffer  fit her character well.   Michael  Hall D’Addaro did well for a young kid too!   I guess I can’t say this movie was by any means exceptional, outstanding or over the top amazing, really….I just really enjoyed it.  I liked the message, the story line and the way it all played out.  Good choice dear husband…good choice.

Deb's Rate: Friday night

Preview:
 The sisters reunite after 3 weeks of vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment