Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Bonus Review: Week 27.5

The Amazing Spider-Man

Genre: Action, Adventure

Main Players: Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, Sally Field, Martin Sheen

General Gist: Pretty sure everyone knows the general gist.....

Deb's Take:   My son really wanted to see this movie, so my husband and I were able to take him for a “middle child” date.  (My husband was looking forward to it as well).  I hadn’t planned on going initially, but getting to spend time with the family and going to a movie go hand in hand. 

It seems like I have seen so many “super hero” movies in the last two years  I wasn’t really sure how this one could be any different than the last 30.  Actually, it really wasn’t in my eyes.  Same story, different actors, different scenes, better graphics, stunts etc….So, I will take a look at the actors..I do like Emma Stone.  She is just a sort of down to earth, “real” person kind of actress.  She made the chemistry of the romance work.  Andrew Garfield was so-so.  He did fit the whole broken teenager role of Spidey, but I wasn’t sold on his macho attitude and romance abilities.  I think who I liked the most was Sally Field, and not because this role was amazing, but because I just love her!  I was shocked to see her and Martin Sheen in this remake, who would have guessed.

All in all, the movie was…Spiderman, nothing too special for me.  I will tell you that my son liked it “better than any other Spider Man movie because it actually followed the true storyline of the comics.” My husband agreed.  Again, lost on me, but oh well, still a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon with my boys.

Deb's Rate: Matinee

Preview:
The sisters reunite after 3 weeks of vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment