Tuesday, May 6, 2014

2014: Week 15: Non-Stop

Non-Stop

Genre: Action

Main Players: Liam Neeson, Julianne Moore, Michelle Dockery, Lupita Nyong'o

General Gist: A flight is hijacked by an unknown passenger by texting an air marshall demanding $150 million be sent to their account.

Tiff's Take: 
This was just sort of your classic, action movie.  I felt like I was decently tensed up the whole time but there wasn't anything that left an impression on me.  Liam Neeson just hasn't been super convincing to me in these action roles he's had lately.  He seems a little old for what he's doing and not overly impressive.  Or maybe it's that the movies are overly impressive and he's not adding a lot of value.  The other actors were okay too but I think the movie was just a bit average to think anyone was exceptional.  I don't know.  This was okay.  Not bad, not great.  Not an action movie I would ever need to see again but didn't hate it.

Tiff's Rate: Matinee


Deb's Take:  
I'm noticing that Liam Neeson seems to be doing the same kind of movies lately.  The action, save the day, race against time kind of movie.    His roles are becoming pretty predictable.  Then of course, lots of action movies are pretty predictable in general.  That makes me wonder what makes this movie better or worse than any other.  Well, it was better in that even though the whole movie pretty much took place on a plane, there was still enough scene changes to keep my interest.  It was better because I didn't figure out who the bad guy was until revealed( something  I usually figure out quickly) and the actors were decent.  The movie was worse in that there was a predictability about it that made it less exciting, also,  there's only so much that can happen on a plane.  I still can say it was better than some but not exceptional.  Kind of a no brainer, but better on the big screen I'm sure!

Deb's Rate: Matinee

Preview:  Heaven is for Real review.  Have you seen it?

No comments:

Post a Comment