Tuesday, April 17, 2012

2012: Week 15: The Lucky One

The Lucky One

Genre: Romance, Drama

Main Players: Zac Efron, Taylor Schilling, Blythe Danner, Riley Thomas Stewart, Jay R. Ferguson

General Gist: A soldier finds a picture of a woman in the mist of war and uses it as his good luck charm. He goes in search of her after he's out. Based on a Nicholas Sparks book.

Tiff's Take:
We got to see this movie a little early at a prescreening. Always fun. Have I ever mentioned that the audience at a screening is a tad more enthusiastic then the "normal" movie goers? They are definite clappers too. I use to think this was annoying but I've grown to enjoy it. Deb and I, on the other hand, are not clappers. We are observers. We love watching all the crazies out there. And I mean crazies is the best possible way.

On to the movie. This was your classic chick flick. No comedy to appease the men. Just plain and simple heartbreaking romance. And oh boy did it have some eye candy. Oohwe, Zac Efron is certainly something to see. (As a side note, I'd like to point out that he is only about 8 years younger than me. It's not super creepy for me to say how hot he is right?) He definitely played the part well. I thought he had great chemistry with Taylor Schilling's character too. It was a very serious, passionate kind of chemistry if you know what I mean. Not a fun, playful chemistry. I would say that is about how the feel of the movie was too. No fun and games. Just a lot of feelings. It worked for me but I'm not sure it would work for everyone. Probably a little too much for those less emotional folks out there. But if a good romance is what you're looking for this is your movie.

Tiff's Rate: Friday Night (but if you're taking your male other half, you'll probably owe him one)

Deb's Take:
This movie was a Nicholas Sparks book, his books usually end sad. I didn't read this book, so I am curious if the book follows the movie well. I may have to read it to find out.

Anyway..to my review. Another pre-screening, I really do like them, makes you feel like you get a little surprise before anyone else. This movie was a typical Nicholas Sparks story. He sort of does the star crossed lover type movie, so a true given that I would enjoy it! I don't want to ruin it for anyone who is planning on going this week so I will just sum it up. Zac Efron is a hotty, and shows a lot of good chest in this movie. I know...I am 41, he is 25. I am more than happily married, but as my husband says...the body is like a piece of art and should be appreciated....so I did! If I was his mom I would have had to have him at 16. Just sayin....

The "love" scenes were a little more PG 16ish to me. Actually, I was thinking about it, and decided I almost thought they were more 17 or 18 ish. Then I thought, maybe I really am getting too old. I just couldn't imagine my child as a 13 year old watching the love scenes. There was no breasts, frontal and only partial back end..but still...pushed the limits for a 13 year old. (I always feel I have to throw in my opinion for all those mothers out there) Really...It was a great love story. As Tiff mentioned, it was a deep, intense, love story. Serious in nature and passionate. I think Zac Efron and Taylor Shilling were great together. I also have to put a shout out for Blythe Danner, I liked her as well! Maybe I will read the book and see what I think after that!

Deb's Rate: Friday night.


Preview: Hmmm...maybe October Baby? I can bet we will not be going to The Three Stooges though.

No comments:

Post a Comment