Friday, November 16, 2012

2012: Week 46: Breaking Dawn: Part 2

Breaking Dawn: Part 2

Genre: Drama, Fantasy, Adventure

Main Players: Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattison, Taylor Lautner:  Plus lots of other really cool actors.

General Gist:  The Final Chapter of the Twilight Series...Nuff said!

Deb's Take:
Ok, so we made it to the 10:00pm showing (8 theatres were sold out for this one in Independence)  The hype of the movie is always so much fun!   SO...if you haven't joined the Twilight world this movie is probably just O.K. for you.  In all honesty, the acting is sometimes cheesy, and the visual effects aren't all that great at times.  BUT...this movie is about the experience, it's the 5th movie and who doesn't want to see how it all ends in real life (vs the book?). 

I have never been a big fan of Kristen Stewart or Robert Pattison, they are depressing to me, when they smile it looks out of character because they never smile and always look sort of bored and irritated.  I know some of it is the movie and their characters, but really I just never really fell for them in these roles.  On the other hand, I love so many of the supporting characters, but have to say Michael Sheen took the cake in this movie.  He does evil so well. Really all the "evil" characters/actors in this film did good, they are believable.  I also like Taylor Lautner, he just fit his role well, and is so darn cute and Ashley Greene, she was spot on.

I don't feel like there is too much to say, but I will put out one little teaser...I read the books, I knew the ending, I have gone to LOTS of movies in my life (well, maybe more then Lots) and this one got me!  Was so not expecting it!....all I can say, you will be surprised.

Great ending for this Team Jacob fan.

Deb's Rate: Opening Night

Tiff's Take: I don't know how many times I can say it.  I love love love the excitement of a hyped up opening night!  All the anticipation, the crazies (the making fun of the crazies) and feeling like you're a part of something fun.  This is probably the only time I can handle going to a movie where you have a very active and loud audience. 

First, let me get this out of the way.  As I was watching the first couple scenes I was cringing just a tad.  It started out a little too cheesy and low budget.  (Is that even possible??)  I thought of my sister-in-law knowing that she would immediately hate the movie.  (Back story:  She's an incredibly hard critic and loved if not obsessed over these books.  Movies never live up to her book standards.  Ever.)  But after it got into the heart of the story I didn't worry about cheesy or low budget any more. 

The characters came back just as good as ever and I loved seeing the introduction of all the "other" vampires.  Most of it was what I would have expected but the ending?!  Wow.  What a great way to change things up without really changing things up.  Bravo movie makers.  Great final installment.  First Harry Potter is over now Twilight.  It's going to be a sad day when all the Hunger Game movies are done.  I'm not sure what I'll do.

Go Team Edward! Ha. 

Tiff's Rate: Opening Night of course.

Preview:  James....James Bond 

No comments:

Post a Comment