Wednesday, November 28, 2012

2012: Bonus Review: Flight


Flight

Genre: Drama,

Main Players: Denzel Washington, Kelly Reilly, Bruce Greenwood, John Goodman

General Gist: A pilot is able to prevent his airliner from crashing, however, an investigation reveals his troubled lifestyle.

Deb's Take:  My husband and I went to this movie on a pre screening night.  The trailers and promos really played up this movie as an exciting, edge of your seat, type of movie and my husband was really looking forward to going.  Denzel is such a good actor, and I can say he did a good job in this movie, as usual.   I really like Kelly Reilly, she was so convincing as a recovering drug addict and down on her luck sort of gal.  John Goodman was the humor of this show, he brought the humor to this all to serious subject, and Bruce Greenwood did exceptional.  That all being said, the movie was NOT an edge of your seat type of show, rather, after  the first 15-20 minutes the movie was really more about alcoholism and how it rears it’s ugly head in the life of a pilot.  I am not saying the movie was bad, just that the trailers were misleading and really not the story I expected.  Sometimes the unexpected makes for a pleasant surprise, in this case I didn’t feel that way.  If you go, just be ready for something different than what you may have expected.

Deb's Rate: Rent it

Preview:  We are getting caught up, I swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment