Wednesday, November 28, 2012

2012: Bonus Review: Red Dawn


Red Dawn

Genre: Action

Main Players: Chris Hemsworth, Isabel Lucas, Josh Hutcherson, Josh Peck, Adrianne Palicki, Connor Cruise

General Gist: A group of teenagers work to save their town from an invasion of North Koreans

Deb's Take:  This one was one of our Thanksgiving extravaganza of movie seeing.  As many of you know, this movie was a remake, I remember seeing Red Dawn as a teen/tween and always think it’s cool when 30 years later I am taking my kids to see a movie that I grew up on.  This movie followed the same line, with up to date technology and advancements.  There was a lot of action, suspense, and unexpected events.  The acting was adequate, not a movie that I was expecting a whole lot from.  The actors were good at their roles, but really just a whole bunch of kids. It wasn’t bad or anything, just nothing exceptional.  What I enjoyed more was hearing my kids’ reactions.  My daughter doesn’t usually go to movies like this, and she said she really liked it, she seemed to enjoy the suspense.  My son was slightly troubled by the unnecessary death of some of the characters, and several times explained how those deaths could have been easily avoided.  (He is like that!)  All in all it was a fun family event, a little on the violent side, but not too bad for my 16 and 12 year old.

Deb's Rate: Rent it

Preview:  Almost there!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment