Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Week 12 "Red Riding Hood"

Our 11th and 12th week are kind of blending as we saw an early show this week. This week we saw "Red Riding Hood" starring many known actors : Amanda Seyfried, Billy Burker, Gary Oldham, and Virginia Madsen, and a couple new ones to me Shiloh Fernandez and Max Irons. What can I say? I love Love Triangles, star crossed lovers, ya know, all the stuff Shakespeare is made of. Well, never thought this was going to be one I liked, but I was pleasantly surprised.

This movie took place in "olden times", maybe Renaissance times, with a an "american" feel. The story loosely follows the little red riding hood idea, but I have to say that it isn't your typical children's story. Twists, turns, and suspense adding up to a good story line, easy to watch, great development of characters, and of course, relationships. I am not really sure why I enjoyed this movie so much, but it really intrigued me.

The movie follows a young girl who lives in a village, she is betrothed to one man, but in love with another. The village is "cursed" by a werewolf and she finds her self in the middle of the mess, questioning her own family, friends and lovers. AHH all the stuff that keeps me entranced.

It was nice to see Amanda Seyfried in a role that wasn't similar to her other roles I have seen, and Billy Burke, again surrounded by werewolves (Twilight fans!) I liked the chemistry of Amanda and Shiloh. But most importantly, I didn't figure out the ending! I did try, but was questioning my guesses to the end....I love that!

Again, this movie wasn't oscar worthy, the acting was probably mediocre really to all those acting gurus, but for some reason it was just right for me.

Overall I would recommend this movie to those who like suspense, twists and love triangles. I liked it!

See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment