Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Week 13: The Lincoln Lawyer

Sorry about the late post guys.  Man, we need to get our act together.  Anyway, we saw The Lincoln Lawyer for week 13.  This movie was chalk full of well known actors; Matthew McConaughey, Ryan Phillippe, Marisa Tomei, William H. Macy, Josh Lucas and John Leguizamo.  And some other faces you would recognize.  All were good.  And of course the two main actors, Matthew and Ryan, were not hard to look at.

This was your classic crime, drama with all the suspense.  Matthew McConaughey's characters plays this bad-ass lawyer who can handle all the tough clients.  He plays that character well with his easy confidence.  Ryan Phillippe plays a client who appears innocent at first but then you find out he's not what he seems.  Is it me or does he always play characters like that?  I can't remember him ever playing a nice guy. 

Anyhow, the story was interesting and it kept me entertained the whole time.  I'm sure the detail of the book would be even better.  But since I'm not really into these kinds of books the movie worked just fine.  I wasn't sure what I thought at first about everything having this 70's "feel" but I think it worked in the end. 

To Sum it up: Good acting, good story and good views.     

2 comments:

  1. I loved the book,and have read all of Michael Connelly's books. I love Harry Bosch series, and can't wait to see the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also a fan of Matthew. I hear in real life he's not so great in looks but I'd have to be convinced. I'm anxious to see this movie too.

    ReplyDelete