Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Week 13: The Lincoln Lawyer

This review seems super late since our weeks sort of blended together before this week. This week we saw "The Lincoln Lawyer". This movie is about a lawyer, Matthew McConaughey, who basically runs his law practice from a Lincoln Towncar. Marrisa Tomei, is his ex-wife and ends up working on a similar trial. The defendent, played by Ryan Phillippe, is charged with killing a prostitute. His money and name run the show, and in a strange twist his lawyer is trying to find a way to defend him "creatively". Anymore information may give too much away, and I highly recommend this movie, so I don't want to give anything away.

I am a Matthew McConaughey junkie....I must admit he is my eye candy. I love movies with him in it, and although his southern twang sometimes seems on the arrogant side, I find myself melting into my seat. I don't go GAGA over many actors, but I must give Matt the two thumbs up. Anyway, in this movie he did not disappoint me. I liked his character, and the self struggle he protrayed.

Marrisa Tomei has never been one of my favorites, but I really liked her in this movie. Her character was "real". I believed her 100%.

I don't remember any movies with Ryan Phillippe, so, as a first I can remember, I was pretty impressed. Typical "jock" mentality, with bad boy attitude. He did fit the role well

This movie was one I would recommend. I was not "guessing" as much as "Red Riding Hood", but did keep me wondering how it would end.

Good movie, go see it, great for a date night as the action and twist will keep your man's attention while Matthew keeps yours!! See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment