Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Week 12: Red Riding Hood

As Deb said, we saw Red Riding Hood this week.  It's sort of funny that we ended up picking this one because it's a new take on an old classic just like last week's Beastly.  But the difference was this was a good take.

To be honest, I wasn't sure I would like this.  I thought it could be a little hokey but maybe not so bad.  Turns out, not so bad.  Amanda Seyfried was good.  I thought she would annoy me more for some reason but she didn't.  The two male characters both trying to get the girl were played by two actors I hadn't seen before, Shiloh Fernandez and Max Irons.  I like it when you get unknown people sometimes.  That way you don't expect them to be a certain way. 

The movie itself kept you on your toes.  You were always waiting for something to jump out and scare you.  And the whole time you were trying to figure out who the werewolf was.  The story would keep pointing you in different directions making you think it was one person then change to the next.  I wasn't really trying to figure out who it was but I don't think I would have guessed even if I had been. 

Like Deb, I'm not sure what it was exactly that made me like this show so well but I did.  It wasn't spectacular but it was entertaining.

To Sum it up: Suspenseful, unique and ever-changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment