Sunday, March 6, 2011

Week 10: I Am Number Four

This week we went and saw I Am Number Four.  I really wasn't sure what to expect with this movie.  I hadn't heard a whole lot about it and didn't really know what it was about.  I knew it was a little sci fiish but that's about it.  I have to tell you I was surprised how much I liked this movie. 

I'm not usually into sci fi movies but this one was really entertaining.  There were a couple elements in this movie that really sucked me in.  The first was the high school love story.  What is it about teenagers falling in love that is so appealing?  The next was the fact that it's set up to be a sequel.  I love good sequels.  But I didn't realize it was a sequel going in to it.  Or the fact that it is a book too.  (Wow.  Maybe I should research a movie a little before I see it.)  Throughout the whole movie I was thinking, "How are they going to wrap this story up?".  Well, turns out they didn't.

The story is about these "beings" from another planet who are in hiding from these bad guy aliens trying to kill them.  There were nine of them and three had been killed so far.  Number four finds number six and realize they are stronger together.  So the goal is to find the rest.  I can't wait to see the other four and what they are like.  It sort of reminds me of the X-Men movies where they introduce new people with new powers. 

I didn't really recognize any of the actors.  The main guy was Alex Pettyfer.  He was a really good and cute teenage alien.  The main girl is Dianna Agron which I guess is on Glee.  She was good too.  All the other actors were pretty fitting for the characters.  Overall a really good movie.

To Sum it up:  Good story, a lot of jump in your seat action and leaves you wanting more.

No comments:

Post a Comment