Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Week 14: Limitless

This week we went to Limitless. Bradley Cooper plays a writer who is in a slump, and takes a pill which is suppose to access more brain power than the normal human is able. He finds that it works, but with gliches and, like any drug, withdrawls. The story takes you through his climb through the corporate world, while on this drug. Robert DeNiro also plays a major role in this film.

Although I was super psyched based on the premise, and I did feel both Bradley and Robert did a great job playing their parts, the film was disappointing to me. The movie seemed to continually try to hit a climax, and always seemed to fall short. There was a stuggle to find an ending, and to find a way to wrap the whole thing up. In the end, I wasn't impressed with how little was accomplished in the film. The movie was slow, there never was a big climatic point, and the end was a huge let down.

Like I said, I did feel Bradley and Robert played their parts well, they did a good job with what they were given, but I just didn't feel like they were given a whole lot to work with. This type of storyline has so much potential. The writers could have gone in so many good directions, instead it kind of just fizzled.

Not a great one this week, don't recommend it, maybe next week will be better! See you then

No comments:

Post a Comment