Saturday, April 30, 2011

Week 18: Water for Elephants

I have really been looking forward to seeing Water for Elephants.  Mainly because I love going to movie's that are books first.  I know there can be a lot of disappointment because rarely do you see a movie that's even close to as good as the book.  But I don't have a real vivid imagination so I love seeing how a movie brings a book to life.

When I read this book I was a little disappointed with the whole love story.  For whatever reason it didn't give me enough emotion or something.  That being said, I thought it would be perfect for a movie.  Movie's can't give you quite as much as a book so I thought the book was at a level that would be captured well in the movie.  Does that make sense?  Am I just rambling?

So on to the movie.  I was curious to see how Robert Pattinson would do in a non-Twilight role.  I think he did a really good job.  And he had pretty good chemistry with Reese Witherspoon.  She did a great job.  She fit the role well.  Christoph Waltz, an unknown character for me, played the other main guy.  He was the slightly crazy, abusive ring leader.  I thought he really fit the bill.

It seemed like the movie stayed pretty true to the book.  I read it over a couple years ago so it's been awhile but it seemed pretty close.  And I did think the love story was better as a movie.  I would say, overall this movie was better than average.  Better then most we've seen lately.  I'd say it's worth going to whether you've read the book or not.

To Sum it up: Good, high profile actors and a decent book to movie film.

No comments:

Post a Comment