Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Week 20: Bridesmaids

Man, talk about being late this week.  As Deb said, we saw Bridesmaids for week 20.  I didn't have quite as many expectations going into this movie as Deb did.  First of all, I didn't get to see Hangover so I wasn't really comparing it to anything.  Mainly, I just wanted to get a good laugh.  And I got it. 

When you go to these types of movies there is always a chance that all the funny parts are in the previews.  I felt like a lot of the funny parts were in the previews but there were still some waiting on the sidelines.  It seems like it's been a long time since I've been to a movie that's made me laugh out loud.  This one had a few scenes that made me tear up I was laughing so hard.  It felt good.

I liked all the characters in the movie but I have to agree with Deb that Melissa McCarthy's character really stole the show.  She played one of the bridesmaids and she was hilarious.  I remember her from a small part in The Back-up Plan and she made me laugh out loud in that too.

The main character was played by Kristen Wiig and I think she was a good fit.  She's a Saturday Night Live'r so she has that comedy background which was obvious but she had a sincere quality about her too.  Surprisingly the movie had a touching side and she played the part well.  Because of this I think it would definitely fit the bill for a chick flick.  It had just enough relationship stuff going on that it wasn't just a straight up comedy. 

To Sum it up: Funny, just barely over the top and a teenie tug on your heart strings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment