Monday, May 23, 2011

Week 21: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

I really enjoyed this week's Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.  I have seen the three previous ones and this one fell in the middle.  I don't think the first one can be beat.  The first one was really funny.  Johnny Depp's character was so good.  And the rest of the casting was perfect.  How can you not love Orlando Bloom?  The second and third ones weren't barely as funny or impressionable.  Now I thought the fourth one was much better then the second and third but it still can't beat the first. 

Adding Penelope Cruz to the cast was perfect.  She really had good chemistry with Johnny Depp.  And Johnny Depp...I really don't think anyone else could play Jack Sparrow better.  Unlike Deb, I tend to like Johnny Depp's movies.  I think you either love him or hate him.  I love him.  Even in all his weirdness.  I thought the mermaids added a good twist to the plot too. 

This was a very entertaining and humorous movie.  Not as good as the first but still good nonetheless.  And it had the magic that always comes with a Disney movie. 

To Sum it up: Perfect casting, a good amount of laughs and a little something only Johnny Depp can bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment