Thursday, September 22, 2011

Week 38: I Don't Know How She Does It

A little slow on posting this..maybe because I have been thinking about why I wan't really impressed with this movie. I have a had a little time to mull over this, and I think I know why. I resently say an episode of Sex in the City, as well as part of "Did you hear about the Morgans", both with Sarah Jessica Parker. The movie this week also starred her. She literally could have been the same character in all three cases. I don't necessarily think she is a bad actress, mostly that she just is a one character actress.

Okay, that being said, the movie follows Kate, a higher class working wife and mother of 2 children. Her job is in corporate america and involves a lot of travel and time. Basically she is working to be "super mom"..(what working mother isn't)? The movie follows the ups and downs of her marriage, her job and her trying to fit in with the other mothers (who don't work). There were some notable actors in the movie, Pierce Bronson, Kelsey Grammer, Greg Kinnear, and Christina Hedricks. My favorites were actually two not so prominant roles played by Busy Phillips (I love her!) and Oliva Munn.

I won't really go into many of the details, because if you are a working mother and wife you can probably guess what the movie entails. I guess, nothing to exciting or adventurous...simply LIFE.

Although I wasn't too impressed, I will say, I loved that the movie was generally wholesome. The lesson was strong and the meaning was good.

Really, this was just an average movie. Some good laughs, some hearfelt moments, but really a weekend rental when you have nothing else to do.

See you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment