Monday, September 12, 2011

Week 37: The Debt

This week were were planning to attend a prescreening of "Moneyball", however due to some technical difficulties the screening was cancelled, so we just went to a movie that fit in with the time frame, since we were at the theatre and all. When we walked into the movie we didn't remember what the it was about and hadn't prepared ourselves for the type of movie we were going to see. After the first scene I remembered the previews and settled in.

This movie was about 3 Israel Mossad agents who are sent on a mission to track down a Nazi war criminal. The movie flashes back and forth between the present and the past, so in essence there are 3 main characters, played by 6 actors. I was a little concerned at first that the jumping back and forth would make the characters seem disconnected, however, it didn't at all. I was actually really impressed with how easily the roles blended together, and each character really did seem like only one actor.

Rachel, played by Helen Mirren and Jessica Chastain, was my favorite. She is really the "main" character of the film as the story centers mostly around her life. I was impressed with both of the female actresses. Helem Mirren is quite amazing!

Stephan is played by Tom Wilkinson and Marton Csokas. Again, a great job by both characters. I wasn't as "convinced" they were the same character, and sometimes had to remind myself, but overall they pulled it off.

David, played by Ciaran Hinds and Sam Worthington wasn't as played in the present as the past. I liked the job Sam Worthington did with this character, and really bought into his role.

Overall the movie was extremely entertaining, I didn't think I was going to enjoy it as much as I did. It was a good "spy", thriller and I liked how the past and the present played on each other.

My husband went with us and he agreed it was a good movie. Overall a good movie for men and women a like! Definately worth the money and a great substitute.

See you next week

No comments:

Post a Comment