Friday, June 3, 2011

Books to Movies: What do you think of the cast?

We all know I love movies and books pretty equitably.  But I get slightly obsessive when the two are combined.  There are a couple books that I'm really excited to see coming to a theater near you.  There are actually more than a couple but these are the two that are on my brain right now.

The Help

Now who's read this book?  I just recently read this and I absolutely loved it.  It's one of the better books I've read this year.  The movie comes out this August.  Yippee!  I was a little critical of Emma Stone playing one of the main characters but I think I'm warming up to it.  All the other characters seem pretty darn good.  Have you seen the trailer for it yet?  Check it out.



The Hunger Games

I'm really excited about this one mainly because it was a great series and because I really think it will make a great movie.  You're going to have to wait a little longer for this movie.  It doesn't come out until 2012 but I've been seeing all the buzz on who's going to play who.  Here's the cast.  At first I thought casting Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss was awful beings that she's blonde and didn't look at all what I thought Katniss should look like.  But you can see they've darkened her hair and really changed her look.  And Woody Harrelson as Haymitch is perfect. 

Have you read these books?  What do you think of the cast?

2 comments:

  1. I rarely like a movie better than a book but I do like to watch the movies just because I like to see how someone else's minds think of how they look or act or sound. I liked the book the Help and think the movie looks good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I rarely like a movie better. But I lack imagination so I like to see what someone comes up with.

    ReplyDelete