Monday, June 13, 2011

Week 24: Thor

Thor was the movie for this week. I have never been a real sci-fi/superhero kind of girl, but this movie was well played and I really liked it. Thor, played by Chris Hemsworth and Lok, played by Tom Hiddleston, played the good brother/bad brother part marvelously. I don't recall either of these actors from other movies. Their characters were perfect! I was quite impressed with both. Natalie Portman, who played the love interest/scientist did a great job, as she usually does..(except for my reveiws of black swan from week 2 or 3). Anthony Hopkins also did great playing the father and king.

The movie took place on 3 different planets. I am sometimes a little turned off by the ideas of what other planets may or may not be. This movie didn't overkill the planets too much, and the whole "beam me up Scottie" idea seemed to work for this one.

I was surprised at the humor in this movie, there were some funny scenes...I think Darcy, played by Kat Dennings, added to that humor, along with Natalie Portman. It wasn't all fights and battles, but had some comedy as well.

I was pleasantly surprised with this movie choice. I would definately recommend it! When I left I couldn't wait to get home to tell my husband and son how good it was and that they would enjoy it as well.

Great movie for the superhero/starwarsy types as well as the basic movie goer. See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment