Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Week 30: Captain America: The First Avenger

This week we saw Captain America: The First Avenger.  Yes, another super hero movie.  I think this year will be deemed the year of the super hero and Natalie Portman.  What do you think?  Seems about right.

I basically agree with Deb on this one.  The super hero aspect was okay but mixing super heros with a war setting just didn't work for me.  I guess it seems like a disservice to soldiers.  It diminishes what they stand for.  Who knew I was so patriotic.   

I will admit though that the transformation from skinny weak guy to big tough soldier was impressive.  Whatever digital programming they had to do on that seemed realistic.  There was maybe only one scene where it didn't look quite natural.  But really overall very well done. 

I did like all the actors in this movie but I will admit I had a hard time looking at, Chris Evans, the main character without seeing the pre-transformation guy.  Not that that is a reason not to like a movie.  Just an observation. I agree with Deb about the leading lady.  Hayley Atwell looks like she might be a new up and comer. 

To Sum it up: Good special effects, pretty good actors but not digging the super hero/soldier mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment