Saturday, July 2, 2011

Week 27: Midnight in Paris

It's July.  Halfway through the year.  That means we've hit the halfway mark with our quest to see a movie a week.  And not one week missed yet.  Awesome. 

This week we picked Midnight in Paris at the last minute.  We were going to see Super 8 but in a disorganized turn of events we ended up seeing this one instead.  (I know what you're thinking.  The Sacry sister's disorganized?  Never.  But alas it does happen on rare occasions.)

I had a little bit of an idea what this movie was about.  I didn't realize it was a Woody Allen film and didn't remember that it premiered at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival.  So that gives you a little idea of what kind of a movie it was.  I was slightly prepared for this type of movie.  Not sure if Deb was.

This movie had Owen Wilson and Rachel McAdams.  I like them both and I liked them both in this movie.  This was sort of a quirky movie but I think it fit Owen Wilson's sense of humor well.  It wasn't laugh out loud funny but funny in a more subtle way.  I liked it.  Rachel McAdams played a spoiled, slightly self centered, rich American.  It's not her general role but I think it fit too. 

One thing this movie made me realize is that I am not good with art and literature history.  I felt like there were so many inside jokes about famous writers or artists that I just didn't get because I didn't know who they were.  Makes you feel a little dumb.  But I still enjoyed it nonetheless.  I would say this movie was a refreshing change of pace for me. 

To Sum it up: Interesting concept, a touch of humor and a nice departure from mainstream movies. 

2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to tag along to watch some of these with you guys. And yes, I'm inviting myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Invite away! I can't wait for you to tag along too.

    ReplyDelete