Friday, August 19, 2011

Week 34: 30 Minutes or Less

So this week was 30 Minutes or Less.  Hmm...what to say about this movie.  I should start by saying this wasn't exactly our first choice for the weekend.  One we were going to see didn't have the right times and the other one had spousal conflicts.  (Talk about demanding husbands.  Geesh.)  So alas, we saw this movie.

Now in all fairness, I don't really think this movie was targeting me and my sister.  The intended demographics were probably closer to 17 or 18 year old boys.  I sort of figured this going into it but I also thought it would be funny enough that it wouldn't matter.  Actually, I'm curious if my brother Keaton saw this. He might like it a lot. 

So two of the main guys were Jesse Eisenberg (The Social Network guy) and Aziz Ansari (Can't think what he's in but you would recognize him).  They played two guys being forced to rob a bank.  They were a little bit of a weird duo in this because they were funny but serious at the same time.  This kind of comedy can totally work but for whatever reason it totally didn't.  I couldn't figure out if it was stupid funny or serious funny.  You know what I mean by the difference right?  And I also felt like Jesse Eisenberg had to dumb himself down for this role. 

The other two guys played by Danny McBride and Nick Swardson were just awful.  Again, it was a strange mix of are they slow in the head or criminal masterminds.  And they were crude and a little disgusting so that just added to the confusion. 

So, I guess what I'm saying is don't waste your money unless you fit in the demographics mentioned above.  Don't get me wrong.  There were some funny parts but they didn't make up for the rest of the movie.  

To Sum it up: Funny but not funny. Okay actors but not good acting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment