Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Week 35: One Day

I was looking forward to seeing One Day as well.  The previews made it seem like it was going to be a really good love story.  It didn't really end up being one. 

Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess played the main characters.  I'll admit I'm not a huge Anne Hathaway fan.  I'm not really sure what it is but I just don't love her.  Jim Sturgess was someone I've never seen before.  I can't say I was overly impressed.  I don't know if it was his character or just him but he didn't really do it for me. 

I agree with Deb in that this movie seemed like it should have been really good.  It had potential to be really good I think but it fell short.  I didn't realize it was a book until after the fact but I can see why the movie seemed disjointed because of it.  There were gaps and holes galore.  The relationship didn't seem quite developed and neither did the characters themselves.  It might have been okay if I had read the book first but without reading the book it just left me with questions.  I think this was probably your classic book to movie flop.

To Sum it up: High expectation but low results.   

No comments:

Post a Comment