Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Week 31: Crazy, Stupid, Love.

Last weekend we saw Crazy, Stupid, Love.  Let me tell ya, this was such a good movie.  Amist all the super hero movies, this was a wonderful change of pace.  It was chalked full of great actors too.  The main characters were Steve Carell, Julianne Moore, Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone and a few others like Kevin Bacon and Marisa Tomei.

I had a good feeling about this movie.  It looked like a classic romatic comedy and I was pretty sure I would enjoy it.  I had no idea I would love it as much as I did.  First of all, it was really funny.  Not just sorta ha ha funny but laugh out loud can't stop smiling sort of funny.  On top of being really funny it was super touching as well. 

Steve Carell played Cal, a middle aged man who just found out his wife cheated on him and wanted a divorce.  Julianne Moore played the wife.  The thing about this relationship I liked is that it was so genuine.  They had these issues but they still loved each other but they didn't know how to make it work.  It seemed more true to real life then most movies.   

Then there is Emma Stone who played Hannah.  She is this smart, soon to become lawyer that realizes she's not leading the life she really wants.  She meets Jacob, played by Ryan Gosling, who is this major player and decides to see what he has to offer.  And might I add that he is ridiculously hot in this movie.  He's definitely on my top five list after this one.

Both stories mingle together in different ways and it is just fantastic.  I can't say enough of good things about it.  One of my Facebook friends described it like this, "I just found it to be downright charming. Well done, funny, and with a lot of heart and soul."  Well put.  Much better than what I can come up with.  I am just an accountant after all. 

To Sum it up: Hilarious, touching and one of the best romantic comedies I've seen in a long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment